Celebrate the weekend or a special occasion by putting together a brunch that is simple and fabulous. Impress your family and friends with a fun and sweet grazing board and pair it with a yummy and bubbly drink. You can make it kid-friendly or adults only. I will guide you through creating a heart-shaped grazing board that you can customize with your favorite goodies.
This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
Heart-Shaped Grazing Board
If this is your first time putting together a grazing board, make sure you look through my Simple Tips on Creating a Grazing Table. Here, we are creating a smaller grazing board. But you can size it up however you like.
The best thing about brunch is you can have savory and sweet together. Since I love sweets for breakfast, the sweets are definitely higher in the ratio on this grazing board. I personally like to separate my sweet and savory, so I framed a giant heart on the board and kept the sweets all within the heart and the savory all around the heart.
You can create the heart shape on your board with any red food items you like. I am keeping mine kid-friendly, so I used strawberries. And they are large enough to make the heart stand out a bit better. You can definitely make the heart shape a different color to fit any occasion.
Mini cupcakes or pastries
Large heart or pearl sprinkles
|Charcuterie (meat & cheese)|
Pancakes & waffles cut into pieces
Bread & crackers
Chips or snack mix
Dips and spreads
Pickles and olives
- Measure a piece of parchment paper the size of your board.
- Fold the paper in half.
- Using the concept of symmetry, drawing one side of the heart starts at the edge of the paper’s folded side. Draw the half heart as tall as the paper. See picture below
- Keeping the paper folded, cut out the half heart following the lines.
- Open the half heart to see a full heart.
- Place heart paper at the center of your board and line the border with strawberries. If you are creating a larger board, line two rows of strawberries or a mix of another red item for the heart shape to stand out.
- Once you shaped your heart, build the rest of your grazing board by filling in the heart with sweets and outside of the heart with all your savory items.
Red or pink bubbly drinks with strawberry hearts are the best pairings to a heart-shaped grazing board to help you celebrate the special occasion or just bonding time with friends and family. There are many ways you can do that with a combination of beverages.
My favorite and the simplest way I found is mixing a berry flavor drink concentrate with champagne or sparkling water for a non-alcoholic, kid-friendly version.
Try the Monin Strawberry Syrup. It is sweet and mild, vegan, non-GMO, and gluten-free. You can also use it for shakes, tea, desserts, or slushy.
Instead of cutting the stem off in a straight cut across, cut it in a V-shape towards the center of the strawberry.
- Start with 1 teaspoon of syrup in a champagne flute.
- Fill the flute up with champagne or sparkling water.
- Top with heart-shaped strawberries or a few raspberries.
Say goodbye to boring brunch! A heart-shaped grazing board with some bubblies is the best brunch idea to wow your family and friends.
Sign-up for our newsletter for more holiday inspirations right in your inbox.
P. S. You may also like Simple Tips for Creating a Grazing Table